Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Goodbyes

8:25 AM

Sitting at the McDonalds in the Denver airport after a six A.M. flight out of Boise. Needless to say I didn’t sleep much last night and although I am tired, my stomach is queasy from nerves. My mind is filled with thoughts of all the goodbyes and well wishes I received yesterday and throughout the week. Saying goodbye is hard; so many words unspoken and feelings unshared. When you are always around a friend or family member, you don’t have to worry to about saying all the things you feel and think because you are content to be in their presence and enjoy their company. But then, when you separate, it suddenly becomes important for you portray just how meaningful this person is to you even though you may not have the words to do so. That’s how I have been feeling this past week; it has been hard for me to verbalize the deep feelings I have for all my friends and family who have been so good to me throughout my life.

3 comments:

  1. Keep the journal alive... it is wonderful to see into your rich and joyful heart and mind. We are all out here sending you warm breezes that blow through the windows between our souls. Close your eyes and you will feel us out there. Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clo- I am making it a priority to check your blog every Sunday. Reading this pretty much sums up the way I feel about you. Just remember that it isn't goodbye forever! Plus, with modern technology it will be like you never left :). God bless the world wide web!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you young lady!? I cannot wait for an update!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete